"Fatal server error: no screens found"

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 7 21:04:10 UTC 2017

Blaze Gottschalk composed on 2017-02-06 22:55 (UTC-0600):

> Hello, running Ubuntu on a Toshiba Chromebook 2. Received an error which
> referred me to your website. Here's a log of the crash, as I'm unable to
> start the OS at this time.

Your log shows a kernel that doesn't seem to agree with your kernel version,
making me suspect a sources problem leading to a driver version mismatch
preventing the Xorg driver for your Intel gfxchip from loading.

Provide this further information:

1-content of /etc/apt/sources.list

2-output from 'inxi -c0 -v6 | head -n20'

3-something to indicate which iteration of Chromebook 2 you have, when it was made

It may be that your OS version predates your Chromebook model, so need to choose
a newer OS version to install.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/