AMD Radeon RX550 not detected

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Aug 17 13:23:21 UTC 2017

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 10:01:11 +0900
Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> No worries. You can make up for it by sharing what the problematic bit
> of old config was. :)

Oh, that's easy.. I had a monitor setting, back from the days when
xrandr didn't exist and multi-head setups were more difficult to
configure. And this config file contained these lines:

Section "Device"
	Identifier   "Card0"
	Driver       "radeon"
	Option	 "Monitor-DVI-0"  "Monitor1"
	Option       "Monitor-HDMI-0" "Monitor2"
EndSection

This took the two attached monitors away and assigned it to the
radeon driver. So the amdgpu driver had nothing to work with
and had to bail-out with an error.

As I said, a nice case of PEBCAK (and stale config files)

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.