AMD Radeon RX550 not detected

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Aug 15 12:20:25 UTC 2017

On Tue, 15 Aug 2017 09:21:22 +0200
Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:

> > So this looks like a Xorg bug. No idea offhand what's happening,
> > somebody who can reproduce this needs to trace the code execution from
> > amdgpu_kernel_mode_enabled returning TRUE to xf86BusConfig printing "No
> > devices detected." to find out what goes wrong in between.
>
> I could do this if you could tell me where to look.
> As I am not regularly dabbling in Xorg code, I have no idea
> which part might be at fault or where to start.

I took another couple of hours to debug this... turns out it was
another case of PEBCAK. There was a bit of old config lying around
that prevented the card from initializing correctly.

Sorry about all the fuzz.

			Attila Kinali
--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to