AMD Radeon RX550 not detected

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Aug 15 00:19:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

I got myself a Radeon RX550 and tried to get it working using OSS drivers
under linux. Unfortunately I was not successful. Despite what I tried,
which Howto I read, I always get the same error: (EE) No devices detected.

I have read that other people have been using this very card with
OSS drivers, but I cannot figure out what they did differently

I am running debian/testing, with kernel 4.12.7, amdgpu 1.3.0, mesa 17.1.5

I attached the relevant log files.

If someone could give me a hint what I could try, this would me much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

			Attila Kinali

--
You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common.
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to