help with Xorg (Adam Jackson)

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 23:44:52 UTC 2017

Is there any window manager like fvwm, openbox, lxde, kde, gnome?
What you do next depends on what you're running because each OS has
its own package manager, its own way of fetching and installing
things.  Apt-get install works for Debian, Rasbian, maybe Ubuntu.
Some have Yum, there's about nothing in common.  If you have it
(Debian/Raspbian/Ubuntu) doing:
dpkg-query -l > somefile.txt in an xterm window will get you a list of
what's installed.  It's pkg_info under OpenBSD.  Sounds like X is
working but there's not much else.