xlsfonts character cell

Chuck Pergiel c.pergiel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 13:25:46 UTC 2017

I think I am missing something here.

if there are pixels outside of the rectangle defined by the font
ascent/descent and the width of
each character, doesn't that mean that those dimensions are wrong?

Fixed and 'ink inside', sort of implies that ordinary fixed pitch fonts
have ink outside those dimensions, which could cause trouble when putting
them on the screen.

is this some kind of special case used for a certain category of languages?

Chuck Pergiel
Silicon Forest
www.pergelator.blogspot.com
Sent from my Commodore-64 via a US Robotics 300 Baud Modem