seg fault in Fedora 25 with all desktop managers marco error 4 in libX11-xcb.so.1.0.0

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 6 00:12:48 UTC 2017

Robert Kudyba composed on 2017-04-05 14:25 (UTC-0400):

>> If he has an empty expansion slot, he may need to put a newer video card in it order to keep the old server online with Xorg.

> Are there any suitable alternatives to Xorg?

Alternative: qualified yes, as technically Fedora does provide Wayland, by
default even, but not for every WM or DE.

Suitable: highly doubtful for a gfxchip designed well over a decade ago.

If you need suggestion for a cheap replacement from eBay, look at PCIe Radeon
cards X300, X550, X600, X700, X800, X850. AGP maybe only Radeon 7500, as Radeon
9### has shown to be troublesome too, though my 9000 does work OK with certain
cmdline options.

Newer low cost PCIe cards I have working in F25 with KDE include Radeon HD5450
and GeForce 210.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/