XLookupString return inconsistent

wettstae at gmail.com wettstae at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 18:15:37 UTC 2016

> So there's no way to work around this?

I can think of three:

- You have two Shift keys and most likely two Mod4 keys.  This gives you
  three more possibilities to enter the same combination.  If any of
  this combinations works and is sufficiently convenient to type, that
  would be the easiest workaround.

- You could use another physical key for Mod4.  For example, you could
  swap the right Mod4 with the Menu key.

- You could use a XKB feature called "latches".  These are like
  modifiers that remain "pressed" until you hit the next non-modifier
  key.  For example, with a Mod4-latch, you could first press and
  release Mod4, then enter Shift+2 to give Mod4+Shift+2 overall.  I
  never really used latches, and I suspect they take some time to get
  used to.

Andreas