XLookupString return inconsistent

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Sep 29 14:31:39 UTC 2016

also sprach wettstae at gmail.com <wettstae at gmail.com> [2016-09-12 18:01 +0200]:
> > And moments after clicking send, I realized this is really just hardcoding
> > US keyboard layout & ASCII encoding - Shift-2 is '@' and Ctrl-@ is '\0'.
>
> Oh, yes.  And Ctrl+3-7 get mapped to 0x1b-0x1f, the control codes beyond
> Ctrl-Z.  Ctrl+8 becomes 0x7f, that is, ASCII DEL.  So the full ASCII
> range becomes available.  It does make sense, from a perspective of text
> terminals.

Hey guys, sorry for the late response to "my" thread.

So this makes sense from the perspective of text terminals, but we
are talking X.org here, aren't we? ;)

Long story short: do you see any chance in making this bit of
legacy (nostalgia?) code configurable, or remove it altogether?

Cheers,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net