Huge mouse-click delay

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Sep 21 06:49:45 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 02:46:35PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Lucien Gentis <lucien.gentis at univ-lorraine.fr> [2016-09-20 14:39 +0200]:
> > Same problem with touch pad or USB extern mouse ?
>
> Good question; yes, the same problem exists with an external mouse.

that's... strange and means it's not an issue with the evdev or synaptics
driver. here's the two main things to try:

* run evemu-record on the mouse and check if you see the button events show
  up while they're delayed in X. if they work as expected, then it's not a
  kernel/hw issue.
* run xev and see if that gets the events as expected. If so, then the issue
  is in the toolkit (but judging from the rest that's not the case anyway).

any server updates recently? can you downgrade?

Cheers,
   Peter