Installed Nvidia GT630 and S server fails to boot up.

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Tue Oct 25 08:00:00 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 02:16:35PM +0900, aki wrote:

>By the way, the GeForce is not recognized by my BIOS/UEFI and by GRUB,

It's more likely that the windows update screwed up things since this
happens on the VESA level, ie. whatever is there and responds to the
call will be used as visual output by a dead old, rock solid,
universally supported protocol. No response there means your UEFI or
hardware is broken.

For the other thing (ie. if the above claim is some false assumption of
yours about what UEFI or GRUB actually are), simply install the nvidia
or nouveau driver packages from Mint.

None of this is btw. even remotely X11 related (except for, you
apprently didn't install the relevant Xorg drivers - distro matter)

>With nomodeset
Don't do that with the intel IGP, afaik no longer supported by the
kernel module. *ONLY* relevant for the nvidia kernel module.

In general, I suggest to attend the newbie corner of your distros forum
and ask for help. You're rather wrong on *this* list with "how to
use linux" questions.

Cheers,
Thomas