Installed Nvidia GT630 and S server fails to boot up.

aki fnaito at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:16:35 UTC 2016

I have a mother board with an intel graphics card, and add a GeForce GT
630 to the expansion slot. Windows recognized it and installed proper
drivers but Mint gives me an error and stalls.
Error mess. said " FAILED TO START THE X SERVER (YOUR GRAPHICAL
INTERFACE). IT IS LIKELY THAT IT IS NOT SET CORRECTLY." it asks too to
view the server output choosing NO, next appear "THE X SERVER IS NOW
DISABLED. RESTART MDM WHEN IT IS CONFIGURED CORRECTLY" after that a
black screen. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del Mint logo seems on screen and
restart, i think, because i heard the "Beep" alarm when yo put the power
on, but after that only black screen, nor windows nor mint boots up.
Try to boot mint from live DVD, and after the same errors, it
stops(Loops) at the User and passwor request onthe command promt.
By the way, the GeForce is not recognized by my BIOS/UEFI and by GRUB,
For access Bios/UEFI settings i must to remove the GeForce and go back
to the intel card.

I tried NOMODESET, and do not work. "nomodeset" i read somewhere bypass
graphics card's driver and use bios settings, that is the problem my
bios not recognized the graphic card (May be there are some hidden bios
settings i did not found yet), reading some cases in Asus/nvidia forums,
there are a lot of cases of Asus firmware incompatibility with other
graphics card than the onboard one, but this cases are all worst than
mine at least i have error messages. With nomodeset i have black screen
from start to end, but i think boot process are going because, there are
some i/o to the hard disk, but not sure of what was going on.
I am watching if force install device drivers without the card physicaly
installed is possible, or a way to bypass the open source drivers and
directly install the propietary drivers on first bootup.
My graphic card(All my hardware) is, i think, old enough to be supported
by the standard open source drivers (Bought it more than 3 years ago),
and neither the live/installation DVD are working. Where is the problem?
I have no idea. May be the Bios/Uefi firmware, i have a very bad
experience with it, I was trying to setup Linux/Win doble boot, once
Grub is installed all boot procs disappeared. Linux standalone, do not
work, reinstalled win stand alone and worked. Then flashed the firmware
and all goes like the tutorials: install, select OS, press enter and go.
But on the other side, Windows graphics drivers are doing fine, they
installed automatically, and for now nothing of troubling.
This is the boot log(Xorg.0.log):

http://pastebin.com/pMzJgs2S