NVidia GTX 980 Fedora vs older kernels

Nigel Sollars nsollars at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:30:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

To take a pure stab at this,  not only ( probably ) does the open driver
NOT support that one in older kernels ( binary blobs etc etc ).   I wonder
if something internal in the Kernel is needed also ( dependency )  for the
Nvidia driver should you go that route.

Regards

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 10:11 AM, Zach W. <zwolfe21 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried exploring this on forums and such without answer. I can't find
> a reason why my 980 GTX will work on Fedora but not Ubuntu or Linux Mint.
> The major difference I spot is a kernel version difference?
>
> Currently running mint w/o my 980
>
> ZG Wolfe

“Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.”

                      Alan Turing