Bug (?) in compose

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Oct 1 19:02:11 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 01, 2016 at 11:46:59AM +0300, Ilya Anfimov wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 08:33:53AM -0700, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> > On 09/30/16 08:32 AM, Clock Source wrote:
> > >On Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:24:15 +0300
> > >Ilya Anfimov <ilan at tzirechnoy.com> wrote:
> > >

> > Note that some toolkits such as GTK use their own input handling and
> > their own Compose key tables, not the Xlib ones.
>
>  Confirming: all gtk2 apps silently skips ff ligature.

In ~/.xinitrc, try adding

 export GTK_IMMODULE=xim

If you use a Desktop Manager you might have fun and games trying to
get that accepted - but try putting it in ~/.xsession.

GTK has always been a pain in this respect for knowing better than
the user, and its Compose settings, at least for GTK2, no longer get
updated.  I like to add my own Compose sequences to extend what I can
type directly.  Mostly, they work - if they don't, it usually means
that something I've included has already defined that combination.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods