Disabling kernel dirty updates, not required.
Diogo Moitinho de Almeida
diogo149 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 03:21:12 UTC 2016
I've been having an issue with Xorg and virtualboxes: Xorg suddenly becomes
incredibly unresponsive. Some observations from my own debugging:
1. the Xorg log always has the message "Disabling kernel dirty updates, not
required." after this starts happening
2. killing Xorg and restarting it sometimes solves the issue and other
times causes the entire virtualbox to not work
3. delays of 10+ seconds for even the simplest things (typing in a terminal
takes is unresponsive, but ssh-ing into the virtualbox is as responsive as
4. the mouse cursor moves responsively, and also updates properly based on
what it is supposed to be on top of despite the screen not reflecting that
5. I've tried different host operating systems (OSX 10.10, OSX 10.11),
guest operating systems (Archlinux, Ubuntu 16.04), window managers
6. it is only sometimes reproducible
7. Xorg server is version 1.18.3
Any advice on what to do, where to look, or what that message means (if
anything) would be greatly appreciated!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the xorg