IGLX going away? Panic!

Cook, Rich cook47 at llnl.gov
Thu May 26 16:34:46 UTC 2016

Hello,
I recently heard on the Apple x11-users mailing list that remote OpenGL rendering (IGLX) is being phased out of XOrg and not being replaced.  Is this really the case or am I misunderstanding?

We at the national laboratories depend on this technology every day and will need to respond to this if it is true.  The ability to view visualizations by firing up software on our remote clusters and displaying back to the desktop is a capability we take for granted and use heavily.

Thanks!
--
✐Richard Cook
✇ Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory