How could an application know the desktop scale factor? ????

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Fri May 6 19:06:10 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 08:10:59PM +0300, Ilya Anfimov wrote:

> It looks like there is no practice of regular scaling windows by
>a compositing WM, so you can assume that scaling factor is 1.

Lacking general input redirection, this is actually an often requested
feature, but unsupported by all compositors I'm aware of.

nb. that Qt (and maybe gtk) also operate on overriding settings
(environment variables) to scale the particular client beyond the
physical resolution (not sure whether that's relevant for Alberto's
scenario)

Cheers,
Thomas