Flickering single display in multi-head XRandR setup

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Mar 26 06:18:22 UTC 2016

On Saturday 26 March 2016 01:55:53 Felix Miata wrote:

> Gene Heskett composed on 2016-03-25 20:52 (UTC-0400):
> > Felix Miata wrote:

> >> Looks like a 3-wire cord to me, and $14.99 in the current sale
> >> catalog.
> >
> > By golly gee, I do believe you are correct, so they've "fixed" that
> > problem. And 15 bucks is less than I paid for one 25 years ago when
> > smd stuff was just coming on the scene.  But I'm not on their spam
> > list so I don't get the pdf version of the catalog...
>
> MCM catalogs seem to show up in snail mail here every 3-6 weeks or so.
> I usually have at least 3 that haven't expired yet. I can't imagine
> how anyone who's ever ordered from them could not have catalogs
> around, unless they're being moved straight from mailbox to trash or
> recycle bin. :-p

I get one of those from time to time, not that often though, it gets
scanned while I'm eating dinner and unless there is something I need, it
goes into the out bin.  The midden heap is deep enough as it is.

There ought to be a law that two packrats can't marry...

> > Thanks for the tickle to make me go look at it again.
> >
> :-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)