Flickering single display in multi-head XRandR setup

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Mar 25 10:03:36 UTC 2016

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for taking your time to reply. I've since followed up
having found the problem, and I think it must be one of the DP ports
on the graphics card.

Now, you write:

> Perhaps unthinkable, but the connectors of the card might be
> implemented / wired up asymmetrically, e.g. due to an ickily
> varying length of traces, or EMI issues.

This leads me to believe that the connector hardware itself could be
at fault. Seriously, is DP *that* finicky and subject to connection
failures? I'd have thought that it being 2016, the industry would
have finally gotten the hang of it, especially after screwing up
HDMI so badly.

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/