Problem with X starting when certain USB configurations exist

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Mar 9 12:49:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-03-08 at 16:10 -0800, russell.poffenberger at xcerra.com wrote:

> So could there be a bug, or a newer (read fixed) int10 driver in the
> Centos 7 version that can be ported to Centos 6.7? Where can I find
> the package or code for this driver that I may be able to compile for
> Centos 6.7?

Interesting. CentOS 7 might behave differently, but it's very unlikely
to be the X server or X vesa driver causing that difference; the X code
supporting vesa is basically identical between 6.7 and 7.1. It's more
likely to be a difference in the boot loader (grub-0.97 vs. grub2) or
in the kernel.

- ajax