Xvfb from source

Glover George dcunited at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 21:06:04 PST 2016

Hi all,

I am desperate to install Xvfb from source on a machine I have no root
access to.  I can't use yum/apt-get, etc.  Do I have to build the
entire X11 server and dependencies to get this?

I tried to cheat, and pull the binaries out of some RPMS for CentOS.
I ended up having to grab fonts, cursors, etc.  But the target system
is SUSE Enterprise 11.  The last problem I'm still running into is it
can't find a proper cursor font when running a mono application.  I'm
not real familiar with X from source.  I've had the luxury of just
depending on the OS to provide the resources.

I just need an X server and I don't need to see it.  Mono requires an
X11 server for Windows Forms, even if it's headless.