Diagnosing first vs subsequent performance

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Jan 20 11:49:00 PST 2016

It's true.  A glxinfo first, is enough to get things working, so that's
a workaround.  Not ideal, but something.

As far as dmesg, the only new output after a slow-instance of glxgears,
is a line like this:

> vgaarb: this pci device is not a vga device

But since the tesla is not a VGA device, that seems reasonable.  Also, a
new one shows up when the fast-instance glxgears is killed, as well.  So
it doesn't seem like it's related.

The only instance of "NVRM" in the output of dmesg, is this:

> NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module  352.55  Thu Oct  8
> 15:18:00 PDT 2015

Lloyd