What changes in xserver-1.18.x could affect KDE desktop effects?

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Sat Feb 27 11:01:26 UTC 2016

Hello.
I knw, this is not 100% X-related question, but...

I'm using PLD linux distribution, where we are trying to have all the latest
versions of packets. The problem is with xserver - everything works fine with
1.17.4, but if I switch to 1.18.0 (1.18.1 is the same), then KDE desktop (ver.
4.14) refuses to turn on desktop effects complaining about OpenGL. At the same
time, glxinfo reports, that there are no problems with that, glxgears works
fine... I'm confused.

Maybe someone already knows, what changes between 1.17.4 and 1.18.0 od xserver
paskage might influence KDE behavior here? If not, I'll keep on searching.
--
Łukasz Maśko                                                            _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\