How to avoid this Xvfb error: ES2 Prism: Error - GLX extension is not supported

Long Vu long.vu at intelerad.com
Mon Dec 12 18:51:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 1:06 PM, Long Vu <long.vu at intelerad.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 2016-12-12 at 12:13 -0500, Long Vu wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be this xvfb-run option ?
>>>
>>> -s ARGS   --server-args=ARGS        arguments (other than server number and
>>>                                     "-nolisten tcp") to pass to the Xvfb server
>>>                                     (default: "-screen 0 640x480x8")
>>>
>>> I am not familiar with X server options, what server args I would need
>>> to get rid of this "ES2 Prism: Error - GLX extension is not supported"
>>> error?
>>
>> Yes, I think it would be:
>>
>> xvfb-run -s "-screen 0 640x480x24" # ... whatever else you use
>
> I tried xvfb-run -s "-screen 0 640x480x24", still the same error.  Any
> other clues?
>
> ES2 Prism: Error - GLX extension is not supported
>     GLX version 1.3 or higher is required
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":99".
>

> Now that I run at 24 bpp, maybe I should force GLX to be enabled?  Or
> have to specify a GLX version, otherwise the default is less than 1.3?

I bumped the resolution and manually try to enable GLX, still the same error.

xvfb-run -s '-screen 0 1024x768x24 +extension GLX +iglx' <command>

I don't know what else to try.

--
Long Vu | Build Controller | Intelerad | +1-514-931-6222 ext. 7743

--

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any