How to avoid this Xvfb error: ES2 Prism: Error - GLX extension is not supported

Long Vu long.vu at intelerad.com
Mon Dec 12 17:08:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-12-09 at 14:09 -0500, Long Vu wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We use Xvfb to avoid having to run an X server on our build machine.
>>
>> We got this error with Xvfb that we do not have when we were running a
>> real VNC server just to provide X.
>>
>> ES2 Prism: Error - GLX extension is not supported
>>    GLX version 1.3 or higher is required
>> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":99".
>>
>> Is there something we can do to avoid this error?
>
> How are you launching Xvfb? I believe it defaults to 8bpp, but GLX only
> works at 16 or 32bpp.

We just run it as plain `xvfb-run <command and args>`.

So you are suggesting maybe there are xvfb-run options that we can use
to overcome this?  This would be awesome !!!  Will check the help of
xvfb-run right now.

--
Long Vu | Build Controller | Intelerad | +1-514-931-6222 ext. 7743

--

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any