Fw: Xt / Motif C++ application hangs in the XtDispatchEvent call

Paul Vojta vojta at math.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 12 16:59:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 08:15:14AM -0000, Subrata Dasgupta wrote:
> Hope fully this should be posted on xorg at lists.x.org so that all can see.. Sorry I missed to post there..
>
> Note: Forwarded message attached

Another problem that could come up is that in one part of the code a function
argument is declared as a 32-bit quantity, and elsewhere it is 64 bits.
(Or vice versa.) This can occur, e.g., if #include files are included
differently in different source files.

I don't know of any systematic way of checking this.  Just standard debugging
techniques, but check that function argument values are the same in the calling
process and in the function itself.

--Paul Vojta, vojta at math.berkeley.edu