Re: Xt / Motif C++ application hangs in the XtDispatchEvent call

Subrata Dasgupta subrata_usha at rediffmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:12:48 UTC 2016

Hi ,
Thanks for the quick reply.

It is a 32 bit c++ UI application written long before. I do not face problem in most of the cases. Face this hanging problem only for 2-3 windows, other windows are working fine. Below are the versions of library and the platform used.

Platform         - 64 bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2
Xt Library       - libXt-1.1.4-6.1.el7.i686
Motif Library    - motif-2.3.4-7.el7.i686
X11 Library      - libX11-1.6.3-2.el7.i686

I am not sure whether /usr/bin/Xorg is the Xserver . But the if it is the Xserver that you mean then below is the version..

X server -  xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.17.2-10.el7.x86_64 (64 bit)

What can be the probable reason for this .. Please help.

Thanks
Subrata

On Fri, 09 Dec 2016 16:04:35 +0530 walter harms  wrote

Am 09.12.2016 10:14, schrieb Subrata Dasgupta:

> Hi All,

> I have a legacy UI application written in C++ using Xt and Motif libraries. But while closing a window the whole application stuck for around 30 second. After debugging I found that application is hanging within XtDispatchEvent() function after finishing _XtDefaultDispatcher() call.

> What can be the probable reason of this problem? I do not have much experience in the Xt or Motif libraries. Please help.

This is not normal (given i use Motif in C not C++).

Do ALL Motif programms behave like this ?

btw; please be more verbose, e.g. what version of Motif, Xverser etc. is the a new behavier

re,

 wh