Xt / Motif C++ application hangs in the XtDispatchEvent call

Subrata Dasgupta subrata_usha at rediffmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:14:22 UTC 2016

Hi All,
I have a legacy UI application written in C++ using Xt and Motif libraries. But while closing a window the whole application stuck for around 30 second. After debugging I found that application is hanging within XtDispatchEvent() function after finishing _XtDefaultDispatcher() call.

What can be the probable reason of this problem? I do not have much experience in the Xt or Motif libraries. Please help.

Thanks
Subrata