What does this backtrace mean?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Thu Dec 1 18:42:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 13:01 -0500, Alex Villací­s Lasso wrote:
> El 28/11/16 a las 19:59, Alex Villacís Lasso escribió:
> > I have this computer (Acer Aspire One ZG5 using Fedora 25 32-bits)
> > where the backtrace shown below appears every single time the
> > machine boots. What does it mean? Should I be worried about it?
> > Last seen on kernel version 4.8.8.
> >

> Is this the right list to ask this question?

Maybe.  intel-gfx at lists.freedesktop.org might be more appropriate since
this is a kernel driver bug.

> > [    4.884815] WARN_ON(!connector->state->crtc)

What this is saying is the driver had some expectations about the state
the hardware would be in when efifb handed the device off, and those
expectations were violated. If there's no functional problem you can
safely ignore it, but it's a kernel driver bug either way.

- ajax