Latest Xorg from git breaks Mesa with VDPAU playback.

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 28 20:25:55 UTC 2016

Boris composed on 2016-08-28 14:25 (UTC-0500):

> I am using the latest Xorg, Mesa from git and the Linux 4.7.2 kernel. I
> have an Nvdia NVA8 chipset[ion] with xorg setup to use the latest
> nouveau driver and it also supposed vdpau and I have the firmware...

Have you considered trying another driver option? Anything as new as GT218 is
liable to work as well as if not better with modesetting than with nouveau:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-Debian-Abandon-Intel-DDX

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/