modesetting and DRI2/3

zahlenmeer at gmx.de zahlenmeer at gmx.de
Fri Aug 5 16:17:55 UTC 2016

This raises more questions than it answers.
The modesetting driver uses DRI3 by default, and I haven't touched the
defaults. Compiling with the --disable-dri2 flag should work, but then I
get "failed to initalize the DRI2 extension" errors in my log file.
If you say that VDPAU still relies on DRI2 I totally understand the
errors, but I don't need VDPAU (only Intel graphics, so VAAPI) and I
also don't have it installed and mesa is compiled without VDPAU support.
So why does xorg load it? (I am not sure what exactly is responsible for
the VDPAU line in my logs, but I interpret is as Xorg loading this driver)