Strange results from xdpyinfo

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Mon Apr 25 14:47:22 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 08:59:09PM +0300, Ilya Anfimov wrote:
> Such a pity.

Oh, don't be such a cunt ;-P

>>    Is there any fix for this problem?

Fix the client. Reading output of a 3rd process into a static buffer is
plain broken. Not sure why it operates on xdpyinfo itfp (I guess it's
python? - Ok, now I'm bitching around) but it could likely just as much
operate on "xdpyinfo | grep resolution" or some such?

If you're downstream and cannot do anything about the broken client, but
know that it interprets the output of "xdpyinfo", alias xdpyinfo to some
filter chain in the context of the broken client.

Cheers,
Thomas