mesa has a hard prerequisite for LLVM ver > 3.3 ?

dclarke at blastwave.org dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Oct 14 01:10:00 PDT 2015

<snip>
> > checking for llvm-config... /usr/bin/llvm-config
> > configure: error: LLVM 3.3 or newer is required
> > build.sh: "autogen.sh" failed on mesa/mesa
> > build.sh: error processing:  "mesa/mesa"
> > aster $
> >

> > Really ?
>
> Not totally, it depends on what GPU you are building mesa drivers for
> and if you care about llvm.
>
> r300 and radeonsi have an llvm requirement, llvmpipe does as well.
>
> So to build just the intel driver:
> In theory something like
> ./configure --with-gallium-drivers="" --with-dri-drivers=i965
> --disable-gallium-llvm
>
> Dave.

Thank you for the reply. I think my main issue here is that this build
system is running a really old flavour of Debian and so I decided to
build a new server and then start fresh with Debian 8.  Certainly I will
hit a snag or two and I will just keep asking here until I get a full
build :-)

The real trick will be to hook up my HP LD4220tm touchscreen digital
signage display and see if there is any way to support touchscreen
devices. That should be interesting but step one is just to get a
complete build.

Thank again.

Dennis