Finding the cursor

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:33:23 PDT 2015

I don't think I posted this before.

The cursor changes depending what it's over, and if you've got
something like an 1920x1080 screen full of mostly rxvt windows then
most of the time it's an I-beam.  That can be hard to spot if you've
looked away or been away.  MS Windows, XP at least, has an option to
go to a big cursor if you do something like hold down a ctrl key by
itself for more than 2 seconds.  The activating keystroke could be
different but is there an easy way to do that with X?  Something so
the application-specified cursor gets overridden temporarily and you
get a cursor that jumps out at you?  Big, animated, flashing,
something that doesn't blend into the desktop?  Then back to normal
once you let go of that key.

I spend about 99% of my time in X these days, there isn't much I'd
change.  Window manager of choice is rxvt, OS is OpenBSD.

  Alan

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX