How can I skip mode validation with the Radeon driver?

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor at pr.hu
Thu Nov 12 07:01:57 PST 2015

Hi,

the proprietary NVIDIA driver has this feature:

Option "ModeValidation" "string"

with a lot of knobs to control which subfeature of mode validation to enforce or skip, like:

Option     "ModeValidation" "AllowNonEdidModes, AllowNon60HzDFPModes, NoMaxPClkCheck,
NoEdidMaxPclkCheck, NoHorizSyncCheck, NoVertRefreshCheck, NoEdidDFPMaxSizeCheck,
NoPredefinedModes"

I know this is NVIDIA-specific at the moment.

How can I do the same with KMS and the Radeon driver?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi