Mint14 Nadia - with interface graphic MATE - After login , video is black

Chris Fisichella chris at communityrenewables.com
Sun Mar 8 16:17:25 PDT 2015

Quoting Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at gmail.com>:

> No log, no help :-P
>
> -> Attach /var/log/Xorg.0.log
>
> On Sonntag, 8. März 2015 15:44:35 CEST, Antonio Vescovi wrote:
>> Hi, my name is Antonio and I write in this list, because I have a problem
>> with server X. I use Mint 14 Nadia with desktop enviroment,MATE. After the
>> reboot system, I do a login at my notebook, but after this, I don't  see
>> nothing. The video remain black. The log file I see an error code and tells
>> me that it is disabled . How do I enable the server x again ?? Thanks
>>
>> Best regardes
>>
>> Antonio

Antonio,

You can try booting into recovery mode using the procedure:
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=110111

I normally need to enter the root password to get to a prompt. When
you get to a prompt, look at the file Thomas pointed you toward:

/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

It will normally give you some lines that have (EE) near to the
beginning that are useful for debugging.

-Chris