Dual head, display driven by mga driver has "X" cursor and is unusable

Chris Fisichella chris at communityrenewables.com
Fri Mar 6 10:39:12 PST 2015

Quoting Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net>:

> Chris Fisichella composed on 2015-03-06 14:45 (UTC):
> I read both your posts. It's not clear to me what video ports you are trying
> to use. I've never encountered any motherboard with onboard video that
> permits the onboard video to be in use simultaneous with any PCI, AGP or PCIe
> addin card. I have read that such do exist. I've only been able to get dual
> screen by using two ports from the same location, either onboard, or addin
> card. I've had dual display success with ATI, Intel and NVidia gfxchips.
> --
> "The wise are known for their understanding, and pleasant
> words are persuasive." Proverbs 16:21 (New Living Translation)
>
>  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409 ** a11y rocks!
>
> Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/

Hi Felix,

Thank you for reading my posts and providing some useful advice. I did
not realize there was a line drawn between onboard video and a
separate card. On that same machine, I have Windows XP, and it handled
the second display fine, so I thought I could also do it with Linux.

I have a PCI Matrox video card and a PCI ATI card. If I fill both PCI
slots with them, do you think I could get two displays that way? I
would just not use the onboard video connector.

Thanks,
Chris

P.S. I use no-ip, too. It's a cool company.