symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libX11.so.6: undefined symbol: xcb_wait_for_reply64

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 23:50:51 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Yeap, sorry, my fault, I helped Darryl off-list (didn't mean to keep it
off-list, I just replied but not replied-all)

For the record, Darryl had another copy of libxcb in /usr/local that was
taking precedence over the libxcb from the distribution, so the 64bit api
addition found in libxcb from el6 where not found/used by libX11.

Removing the other copy in /usr/local fixed the issue.

Cheers,
Olivier