intel atom D525MW w/i915 onboard gfx vs 16x9 monitor

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 18 05:06:23 PDT 2015

Gene Heskett composed on 2015-07-18 07:22 (UTC-0400):

> Xorg.0.log is in my other reply, Felix.  I'm just up, need a quart of
> coffee I haven't made yet to function correctly. :-\

Clearly. From that post:

(xrandr)
DVI-I-1 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
509mm x 286mm
HDMI-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VGA-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
(log)
[    27.790] (II) intel(0): Output LVDS1 connected
[    27.790] (II) intel(0): Output VGA1 connected

So, you've given xrandr output from one machine, and Xorg.0.log output from a
different machine.

> In any event, the machines in question do not have either
> an /etc/X11/xorg.conf, nor an /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d

That's normal, designed for automagic configuration. Apparently automagic for
you is not working, so you'll need to construct either an xrandr script, or
an xorg.conf*, as I suggested and provided links to that end in prior reply.

So, which is from the Atom machine, the one with two displays connected, or
the one with one? And, what is the proper other output from the Atom machine?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/