intel atom D525MW w/i915 onboard gfx vs 16x9 monitor

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 17 22:20:35 PDT 2015

Gene Heskett composed on 2015-07-18 00:06 (UTC-0400):

> Does anyone know how to get a square pixel on this gfx set?

> It works well on a 4x3 monitor, but circles are squashed on a 16x9.

What, if any, video parameters do you have on your kernel cmdline? One can
act as a signal to prevent automagic X configuration from working with the
Xorg Intel driver, which wants to use it instead of EDID preferred unless you
use some kind of X config to override it, either the traditional route of
xrandr commands on startup or /etc/X11/xorg.conf*, or xrandr commands hidden
in the DE's desktop settings for the display, if applicable. As I always go
the traditional route, I've no expectations whether Trinity's Control Center
Display Size & Orientation work as expected, but I should think they would,
same as counterparts in KDE or other DEs. TCC does work here on a P4D/G33
installation on a 16:10 display to switch between 1600x1200 and 1440x900.
AFAIK, Intel on the Atom in this regard acts no differently than it does on
any other x86.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/