xrandr only lists mode after a while of waiting

Daniel Menet mailing at sonta.gs
Mon Dec 14 02:02:41 PST 2015

New to the list, please bear with me and give me hints if I violate any
rules.

Its been a while now since I started facing an issue: xrandr only lists
mode after a while of waiting. I assume this happend after a upgrade of
some packages without an immediate reboot an occurred first after the
reboot. I accepted the situation for a while due to the lack of time. More
details are given at
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/240949/xrandr-only-lists-mode-after-a-while-of-waiting

Some of the packages that where upgraded during that time where libxrandr
and randrproto. Meanwhile I downgraded libxrandr to 1.4.2 and randrproto to
1.4.1 which did not affect the situation in any way. Now I'm back at
libxrandr 1.5.0 and randrproto 1.5.0.

Any hints in which direction to seach?

Regards, Daniel