New Monitor Weirdnesses or how do I get Xorg to pay attention to my xorg.conf file?

Ron Wheeler rwheeler at artifact-software.com
Fri Dec 4 08:42:18 PST 2015

If you ready for some fun, CentOS 7 is out and into its third revision.

Did I miss the discussion about the drivers from NVIDIA? I am using them
with new and old hardware(different machines).
A bit tricky to get working and there are different drivers for legacy
cards and newer cards.

I had trouble with the nouveau driver but it may have been me or may
have been an early version.

CentOS 7 runs well but it does have a lot of changes to the tools that
one got used to in CentOS 5 and 6.
It is supposed to be a better workstation OS.

I am still running 5 and 6 on some production machines.
I am not using my units as workstations but like to have the GUI working
well in case I have some maintenance activities that are easier in the GUI.

Ron