xserver-xorg.synaptics question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Apr 27 16:15:05 PDT 2015

Greetings all;

Can someone tell me how to edit the /usr/share/X11/50-synaptics.conf
file, which when copied to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, will disable it totally?
That thing is so sensitive it can cause a focus grab away from what you
are trying to do while the nearest part of a hovering over it hand is
still an inch or more away from actually touching it.

It is a major pita on my old HP dv5120us laptop, when I have to go grab
the mouse, find it on screen, and then reclick on the terminal screen I
am using before I can type another character.

Hints please.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)