CVE-1999-0526 Vulnerbility on W2k8 R2

Duane Fish duanedfish at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 20:45:37 PDT 2014

XII is what I was told.

Thanks!

________________________________
 From: Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com>
To: Duane Fish <duanedfish at yahoo.com>
Cc: "xorg at lists.x.org" <xorg at lists.x.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 10:41 PM
Subject: Re: CVE-1999-0526 Vulnerbility on W2k8 R2

On 09/17/14 07:07 PM, Duane Fish wrote:

> Please feel free to "talk down" to me - I know very little about this app
> running on one of our servers.  I was told that this was a Vulnerability and I'm
> supposed to resolve it.

Software shipped by X.Org does not suffer from this vulnerability unless you
disable our default access control.

X servers for Windows 2008 probably come from some other vendor though, and
you'll need to ask them how they configure it.

Do you know which X server product you are running on that system?

    -Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com