New logo

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Fri Sep 5 18:21:39 PDT 2014

On 05/09/2014 15:24, Javier Gonzalez Plasencia wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> My name is Javier Plasencia and I would like to query about the status
> of the 'X.org looking for a new logo' situation as I would be
> interested in the project.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Javier Plasencia

IIRC, Bart Massey tossed the idea about updating the logo some time in
2010. We got some proposed logos but either no-one judged them or none
was actually better than the current one. I was not involved with Xorg
at the time.

If you do propose a logo, it may or may not be accepted but it will
likely be considered as a replacement.

Martin