xf86-input-synaptics configuration for ThinkPad T440p

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Sep 4 17:19:26 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 04, 2014 at 04:06:26PM +0200, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>
> wrote:
>
> > try: Option "TouchpadOff" "1"
> >  in addition to your software button configuration
> >

> Unfortunately, this does not result in any changed touchpad behavior.

there's nothing overriding your config in your desktop environment? check
with synclient if the property is still set. Does it show up in your
xorg.log?

once that's set any motion should be ignored, at which point only the
software buttons take effect. which is what you want, I think.

if it doesn't work it's likely a bug, any help debugging this would be
appreciated.

Cheers,
   Peter