Synaptic: right click + move

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Nov 30 06:25:01 PST 2014

Hi,

I have a Thinkpad T440 with:
N: Name="SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
P: Phys=synaptics-pt/serio0/input0

There is something that I'm missing and I don't know if it's physically
(hardware limitation) possible. I'd like to Right click and then move
the position.

With my current configuration this is not possible (this is a copy-paste from
some Internet pages and some local changes):

# Custom xorg.conf.d snippet that assigns the touchpad driver
# to all touchpads. See xorg.conf.d(5) for more information on
# InputClass.
# Additional options may be added in the form of
#   Option "OptionName" "value"
#
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
# This option is recommend on all Linux systems using evdev, but cannot be
# enabled by default. See the following link for details:
# http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-ignore-configuration-errors.html
      MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

      # This sets the top area of the touchpad to not track
      # movement but can be used for left/middle/right clicks
      Option "SoftButtonAreas" "60% 0 0 2400 40% 60% 0 2400"
      Option "AreaTopEdge" "2400"

      # Helps to reduce mouse cursor "jumpiness"
      Option "HorizHysteresis" "15"
      Option "VertHysteresis" "15"

      # Settings reported to work well on an X1 Carbon
      Option "FingerLow" "40"
      Option "FingerHigh" "45"
      Option "MinSpeed" "1"
      Option "MaxSpeed" "1"
      Option "AccelerationProfile" "2"
      Option "ConstantDeceleration" "4"

      # Disable edge scrolling, I prefer two-finger scroll instead
      Option "VertEdgeScroll" "0"

      Option "TapAndDragGesture" "1"

      # Enable three-finger tap for middle mouse click
      Option "TapButton3" "3"

    # Carles
      Option "TapButton1" "1"
      Option "TapButton2" "2"
EndSection

Any advice of how to do it? Can the Thinkpad's synaptic process the right-click
and then with another finger move the position?
Using a standard mouse is very easy: right click and then move the mouse.
I thought that the TapAndDragGesture could be this but I guess that it's
not...

Thank you!

--
Carles Pina i Estany