how can I identify which video card on a mutli-card linux box a display belongs to

Zhang Fan zhangfan at ubique.com.hk
Mon Nov 10 00:31:59 PST 2014

Hi all,
I'm developing a video matrix system for Linux.  Typically multiple
vendors' video card and/or multiple cards of same vendor/model might be
used in one system.
I can list the display by using 'xrandr' program and read the display
card information from /sys/class/drm/ directory. But I can't figure out
how to relate these two kinds information. i.e, which card/port does a
display belongs to?
'xrandr --verbose' command lists the 'Identifier' of each display but it
seems volatile and might change after reboot and has nothing to do with
the information in /sys/class/drm.

--
Zhang Fan
Ubique Solutions Ltd.
Email: zhangfan at ubique.com.hk
Room 19D, 19/F, Chunk kiu Building
76 Xian Lei Zhong Road Guangzhou(510070)