xmodmap 1.0.7: "left shift" + "right shift" + "comma" keys

Thu Mar 13 09:33:32 PDT 2014

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:14:26 +0100
Thomas Lübking <thomas.luebking at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mittwoch, 12. März 2014 20:15:51 CEST, YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote:
>
> > What is a bit strange is that my keyboard can handle the "left
> > shift" + "right shift" + "exclam" but is not able to handle the
> > "left shift" + "right shift" + "comma" that seems to be similar
> > (same number of keys pushed at the same time).
>
> "?" is where qwerty/z keyboards have the "M" and no special char - this might be relevant (for the sublying electronics being re-used from an original qwerty keyboard design)
> You're looking for "¿", right? Is it not on AltGr+Shift+, (ie. AltGr+?) anyway? (unless you've special reasons for the specific double-shift combo)

Yes I am looking for the "¿" character.
I don't want the Spanish characters to be on a "AltGr" combination because for the "É" Spanish character, it will overwrite my "€" character (done with "AltGr+E").
I never use the right shift key when I am typing on my keyboard, so I prefer to put all my Spanish characters with this key.