No movement starting from below softbutton RBT-value

Joschi Brauchle joschi.brauchle at tum.de
Fri Jun 13 03:11:00 PDT 2014

On 06/13/2014 11:06 AM, Joschi Brauchle wrote:
> What I am getting is that movement is ignored starting below a certain
> horizonal line (strongly suspecing y>RBT=4326). The x position of the
> start of the movement does not matter. Hence it is _not_ confined to the
> right button area I am trying to achieve. Once I move above this
> horizontal line, movement starts and behaves normal.

What I am trying to achieve is this:
|------------------------------|
|                              |
|                              |
|                              |
|                              |
|                              |
|               |--------------|
|               |RIGHT SOFT BTN|
|---------------|--------------|

But motion is ignored like so:
|------------------------------|
|                              |
|                              |
|                              |
|                              |
|                              |
|------------------------------|
| No motion initiated in here  |
|------------------------------|

 >> see synaptics.c:HandleState, line 3117 or so, where the "ignore motion
 >> *starting* inside softbutton areas" comment is. If that doesn't work
 >> for you
 >> then here is either some weird HW issue or there is a bug. Are you on
 >> synaptics 1.7.x or 1.8?

Looking at the function "is_inside_top_or_bottom_button_area" here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-synaptics/tree/src/synaptics.c?id=xf86-input-synaptics-1.8.0#n1542

I see that only the "y" coordinate is checked, see comment:
/* We don't have a left button area, so we only check the y axis */

Best regards,
Joschi